Accessibility guide for John Foster Building
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- There is a ramp to access the main entrance and other areas of the building.
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
Accessible Toilets Lower Ground Floor
- This accessible toilet is approximately 42m (45yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located off the main corridor towards the rear of the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Hearing loss and hearing loops
Every teaching room – You can collect loops from behind reception.
- There is a lift for public use.
- Tel fit is a standard lift
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- Standard marked parking bays are located at the front of the building, to the right.
Please check LJMU AccessAble for further information.